Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Kindergarten Entrance Age?

In September 2023, the Board of Education updated the Kindergarten entrance age to 5 on August 1 beginning with the 2024-2025 school year. Learn more here.

What if I do not have an original copy of my student’s birth certificate?

School districts are required to see an original birth certificate upon enrollment. Your student can still be enrolled, but federal law requires that we report a student as a possible missing child if an original birth certificate is not presented within 10 days of enrollment in our school district.

What can I use as my proof of residency?

We will accept only the following items as proof of residency:

  • A water or electric bill
  • A lease agreement
  • A rental contract on a house that will be completed within the next 60 days
  • A residency affidavit (this will require a form completed and signed before a Milford notary along with a photo ID and one of the proofs of residency listed above)

You cannot use other mailings such as a phone or cable bill.

Do I need proof that I have custody of my student?

You will need to show a court document proving that you have custody of a child if you have been divorced or if you have been given guardianship of a child.

Do I need to bring a record of my student’s classes?

It is important that we see a list of classes from the previous school if your student is enrolled in grades 7 through 12. The guidance counselor needs to know what classes your student has already taken in order to create a new class schedule and ensure that your child is placed in the appropriate course level. This does not have to be an official transcript as long as it has a list of all the classes in which your student has previously been placed. The guidance counselor will have to contact the previous school if you do not bring a copy of the transcripts. This could delay enrollment. A school district cannot deny you access to your child’s records.

How can I find out which building my child will attend?

You may call the Transportation Department at (513)575-1563 or Central Registration at (513)576-4178.

I am enrolling my kindergartner for the coming school year. Do I need to have the physical examination form and the oral assessment form completed before my registration appointment?

You do not need to have these forms completed in order to enroll your student for the coming school year. You will, however, need to have them completed and turned in before the school year begins.

Will my child be in a.m. or p.m. kindergarten?

Our Transportation Department determines morning or afternoon kindergarten by where you are located in our district. You will be notified which schedule your child is assigned to within 24 hours. You will be notified early in August if you are registering your student for the coming school year.

I qualified for the free and reduced lunch program at my previous district. Do I need to apply again?

Yes, you will need to submit a new application to our Nutrition Services. You can get an application online at here or you can get one at your registration appointment.

loading gif