As of January 1, 2017 all Milford Schools are compliant with the following school emergency/safety drills.
EMERGENCY EVACUATION DRILLS
- One Emergency Evacuation Drill shall be conducted during the first ten days of the new school year (Ohio Fire Code 408.3.2)
- At least nine Emergency Evacuation Drills shall be conducted during the school year (Ohio Revised Code 3737.73 (A))
- The Record of Emergency Evacuation Drills shall be submitted to the State Fire Marshal twice a year; at the middle point and again at the end of a school’s operation during each school year (Ohio Fire Code 405.1.1.1)
- An Emergency Evacuation Drill is not required during the same month that a school safety drill is conducted, but that drill must be made up prior to the end of the school year (Ohio Revised Code 3737.73 (A) and 3737.73 (D)(1))
- Where a fire alarm system is provided, emergency evacuation drills shall be initiated by activating the fire alarm system (Ohio Fire Code 405.7)
- Tornado drills shall be conducted at least once a month whenever school is in session during the tornado season.
- The “tornado season” in accordance with the Ohio Fire Code is the period from the first (1st) day of April to the last day of July (Ohio Fire Code 409.2)
SCHOOL SAFETY DRILLS
School safety drills shall be conducted on or before each first (1st ) day of December to provide pupils with instruction in the procedures to follow in situations where pupils must be secured in the school building, such as a threat to the school involving an act of terrorism; a person possessing a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance on school property; or other act of violence (Ohio Revised Code 3737.73 (D))