Skip to Main Content

Understanding OFCC Funding


The state of Ohio offers funding to school districts for construction projects through the Ohio School Facilities Construction Commission (OFCC). Check out OFCC's website here.

The district will receive $11,559,512 in co-funding from the Ohio Facilities Construction Committee to pay for a portion of the new middle school building.

When accepting OFCC co-funding, the district must also adhere to OFCC guidelines during the design and construction of the project. This includes the determination of the actual square footage of the building, classrooms and hallways, and other restrictions.

OFCC Acronyms


The Classroom Facilities Assistant Program (CFAP) is a statewide program that offers co-funding from the state. The OFCC determines a district's wealth and determines the local and state share of facilities projects. For Milford Exempted Village School District, OFCC has determined that the state would co-fund 27 percent of qualifying facility projects and the community would pay for the remaining 73 percent. 


The Expedited Local Partnership Program (ELPP) allows a district to begin portions of a facilities plan and then earn funding from the state to be used for future projects. Under ELPP, a district pays for projects with community funds, usually with passage of a bond issue.


In May 2021, the Milford Board of Education passed a resolution to approve participation in OFCC's Notice of Conditional Approval (NOCA) program - which, if approved by the state, will provide co-funding for the district's proposed construction project to build a new 6-8 middle school. 

loading gif