Volunteers/Field Trip Background Checks Through Raptor
Raptor Background Checks for School Volunteers/Field Trip Chaperones
For the safety of Milford students, all volunteers/chaperones working directly with children and not under the direct supervision of a Milford staff person, are required to have a Raptor background check. Raptor background checks take approximately 72 hours to complete and are initiated through the Raptor website (link below). The cost is $25, which is also paid through the Raptor website. The Raptor background check is valid for five years. Thanks for your interest in volunteering and please contact your building secretary or principal if you have any questions.
Completing Your Raptor Background Check
- To initiate your background check, access the Raptor website.
- The Raptor system will list a variety of volunteer opportunities that require a background check: chaperone/field trip, classroom helper, club advisor, office helper, library helper, and/or mentor. Please indicate which of these volunteer activities you will be involved in on this online form.
- Simply complete and submit a volunteer application and upon approval, you will receive instructions on the next steps. The $25 application fee to complete the background check is payable online.
- Volunteers will receive an email from Raptor Tech once the application has been approved. Applications may take up to 72 hours to be processed.
- It is important that the information you enter on the application matches your government-issued identification card including your full legal name.
- All information collected on the application will remain confidential and not be shared outside the volunteer program.